Fizzgig Needs a Home. Can You Help?
The Prop store is holding one large props auction next month, which goes live on September 23rd. I’m not sure what it is about film and television props but by Henson’s beloved beard I adore them. In another lifetime I think I would quite happily have submerged myself in a props workshop for 40 years and come out with a big grin on my Predator-helmeted face, but that’s another story.
Anyway, for those of you that have a similar passion for owning something from your favourite sci fi show or fantasy flick, you can find the full catalogue of items coming up for auction here. If you are more like me and don’t have a few hundred thousand quid lying around waiting to be spent, you might have to make do at just looking at the pictures.
There’s lots and lots up for grabs to the richest geeks in the world, with multiple tastes catered for. Star Wars, Batman, Battlestar Gallactica, James Bond and Dr. Who feature quite heavily in this collection, but there’s one off pieces that caught my eye such as Lo Pans “Arm” armature from Big Trouble in Little China (1986). Here’s my top five:
- Fizzgig (Dark Crystal, 1982) – the lovable furball is estimated at £8,000 – £10,000
- Grays Sports Almanac (BTTF Part II, 1989) Biff’s gift to Biff, estimated at £4,000 -£6,000
- Macleod’s Sword (Highlander, 1986) The prop that made sure there was “only one”, estimated at £4,000 -£6,000
- The Velociraptor Claw (Jurassic Park, 1993) You know the close up. Clicking away in the Kitchen… shudder. Estimated at £2,000 – £3,000
- Unicorn Horn (Legend, 1985) The thing Tom Cruise got in such a mardy about because it cast the world into perma-winter yada yada. Estimated at £1,000 to £1,500
- Rocketeers Helmet (The Rocketeer, 1991) OK, I said top 5, but you can’t leave this out. Estimated at a whopping £14,000 -£18,000
Thanks Props Store for feeding my props love… and envy for everyone that gets to own these things. After going through the 240+ page catalogue, one thing did spring to mind; Who has David Bowie’s Jareth wig, and how much did they pay for it?